The guns utilizing these parts were purchased from American and European gunrunners after the American Civil War. They were carried by rebel Yucatan natives during Mexico's Caste War (1847 to 1901). Though undocumented, the theory is that the weapons were being refurbished in a rebel armory that was burned by Mexican government forces. Some still show evidence of melted sand and as stated in the feature article published about the site, "This was one of the biggest discoveries ever uncovered in the the world of Dug military artifacts".
·Certificate of Authenticity
·Hard shell display box